Border Guns & Tackle (also known as Borders Gunroom)
Our contact details:-
What type of information we have:-
We currently collect and process the following information; personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics, your name, address and contact details. We do not store card and/or bank details. Transactions are either done in-store by you, the customer, or on-line by you, the customer, where it is done via a third party hosting server where data exchanges between the site and its users are via a secured communication channel that is encrypted to protect the user.
How we get the information and why we have it:-
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will ask you directly for your consent. Should you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us, calling us or sending a letter.
You may notice social buttons for other platforms such as Facebook & Instagram on our site, this is to provide you with the best possible experience on both our website and social media pages, allowing you to share and bookmark our website. You should read the privacy policies of each of these platforms to see exactly how they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:-
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us in writing via our postal address and/or e-mail.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have:-
We use the information that you have given us in order to fulfil requests by you ie; the purchase of goods, despatch and repair/service of goods. We use the personal information which we collect from you to help us provide our product(s) and/or service(s) to you. Some data processing in relation to this site may be carried out for us by a third party and in some cases that may mean that the third party will receive your personal information. We may share this information. Such a third party provides guarantees to us that they will provide an adequate level of security. Any data processing carried out for us by said third party will be governed by a written contract between us and that third party, which a contract will provide that the third party will only act on our instructions. Apart from this, we will not share or transfer any personal information with any other third party unless we are required to do so by law.
How we store your information:-
Your information is securely stored via our contact forms which are stored on a third party hosting server. We adopt appropriate collection and storage of all processed data in order to safeguard against unauthorised use. Data exchanges between the site, its users via a secured communication channel, is encrypted to protect the user. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information however, you must accept that no digital transmission can be 100% guaranteed and therefore we cannot be held responsible for any breach of security, outside of our control, unless it is due to our negligence. Outwith this secured stored information, we will only keep information, provided by you and provided with your permission, for the period of time it is required to fulfil your request in-store ie; a face to face order, repair and/or service. Following the request then sensitive information is disposed of in-store by being shredded.
Your data protection rights:-
Under data protection law, you have statutory rights including;
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at; Borders Gunroom, Main Street, St Boswells, Roxburghshire TD6 0AA. Tel; 01835 822844 or via E-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Some websites use ‘cookies’ which are text only strings of information that the website you are visiting transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. Their purpose is to identify users and to enhance the user experience by customising web pages. A cookie will usually contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come from, an expiry date for the cookie, and a value, which is usually a random generated unique number.
Types of cookies:-
Cookies can be either first party cookies or third party cookies. First party cookies are used by the website owner and third party cookies are used by a third party, such as an advertiser, a web designer or a website host.
Cookies may be session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, or persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file for much longer. How long persistent cookies remain in your browser depends on the duration given to the cookie.
Cookies may record personal data such as name, email address and/or non-personal data, such as an IP address and unique (but anonymous) customer identity.
This site uses first party cookies to record on an anonymous basis;
- The precise time that you visit this site.
- The precise web pages that you view.
- The websites visited by you before and after you visit this site.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use this site, to help us to improve the operation of this site and items placed in the shopping basket.
- Please note that our cookies will not store your personal details. This site does not use third party cookies.
This site uses first party cookies to record;
- The precise time that you visit this site.
- The precise web pages that you view and the websites visited by you before and after you visit this site.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to this site and to allow us to tailor content for you.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use this site and to help us to improve the operation of this site.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket.
This site does not use third party cookies.
For more information about how to manage cookies visit; http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
This site logs your Internet Protocol (IP) address. All computers that are linked to the Internet have an IP number. An IP address does not provide identifiable personal information.
You are entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, if you apply to us in writing. We may make a small charge for dealing with any such request.
How to complain
Should you have a complaint about our product(s) and/or service(s) then please contact us at the following address:-
Border Guns & Tackle (Borders Gunroom Limited)
Roxburghshire TD6 0AA